The holidays are a time to gather with friends and family, a time to reminisce, a time to eat delicious foods, and a time to create wonderful memories that will last a lifetime. Many of our fondest holiday memories take place in the kitchens of our homes.
Whether it’s Grandma’s or your own, the home is where families gather to make memories. For all your holiday gathering needs, please visit Ware Neck Produce conveniently located at 6682 Main Street in Gloucester Courthouse. From Christmas trees, fresh produce, seafood, baked goods and many other specialty items, Ware Neck Produce can help you prepare for your holiday festivities. https://www.facebook.com/WareNeckProduce/
See some of our favorite recipes below.
Lemon Meringue Pie
- Make graham cracker crust according to graham cracker crumb box recipe. You will need butter and sugar.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not low fat)
- 3 eggs separated. Save the whites for the meringue!
- ½ cup lemon juice (add a little extra if you like really tart pie)
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- Prepare pie crust. Place in pie pan or plate, press down, and refrigerate.
- Make filling. Beat egg yolks first then add the sweetened condensed milk and the lemon juice.
- Pour filling on top of crust and refrigerate.
- For the meringue, beat in the sugar and the cream of tartar with the egg whites. Beat until the meringue peaks and looks like satin.
- Put the meringue on top of the pie. Peak meringue and back at 350 until golden brown.
- ½ stick of butter
- ½ cup of light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tbsp of flour
- ½ tsp of vanilla
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 1 cup of pecans
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Separately whip eggs, add salt
- Beat corn syrup into butter mixture
- Add egg mixture to butter mixture
- Add flour and the rest of the ingredients
- Pour into pie shell
- Add 1 cup of pecans on top
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes